On 30th June and 1st of July, the Old Town in Bridlington will be holding the annual Secret Gardens event. Residents of the Old Town area open up their gardens to allow members of the public to have a look around and some of them aim to raise money for charity.
Here is a list of gardens the are taking part in Old Town Secret Gardens:
One of the members of Bridlington Lions Sarah Hutchinson who lives at Hartendale, 25 South Back Lane is opening up her garden. As part of the open days at Hartendale there will be charity stalls, a cake stall, barbeque.
- The mayor opening the garden on Saturday at 11am
- A Bridlington Lions (garden) bookstall
- Roving poets
- Artists painting
- A large selection of refreshments
- Various talks, activities and demonstrations, including talks by Bempton RSPB, belly dancing, cookery demonstrations
- Childrens storytime
- Display of motorbikes
- Then there will be stalls selling plants and gardening things – such as Sewerby Outreach, Bay primary and Kingfisher Trust
- Samaritans will be selling craft items and Wingbeats will be telling everyone about the Amy Johnson play at the Spa – with free raffle.
- And, of course, there will be a library stand, of gardening books, etc.
This year the chosen charities to benefit from Sarahs Open Day include:
- Bridlington Samaritans
- Bridlington CAB
- Bridlington Lifeboats
- Bridlington Lions
- Bridlington Kingfisher Trust
There will also be a plant swap where people can bring along shrubs and exchange them for something different.
If you can assist Sarah in any particular way phone 07885 741453.
The website for Bridlington Old Town is here
846 total views, 1 views today