North Wolds Lions and Bridlington Lions are joining up to organise a charity 4 Wheel Push in aid of Bridlington RNLI
The race will be held on Sunday 22nd July from the Park and Ride up to the pumping station and back again.
Entries and enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competitors need to be at the start line with there karts/beds at 12:30pm with an expected start time of 1pm.
There will be a prize for the best kart design.
We hope this is going to be a very successful day.
All entrants need to follow the following rules:
4 Wheel Push Rules
The race starts at 1pm from South Shore near the Park &
Ride car park. The race will start from the Park & Ride up
to the pumping station and back again. Competitors to
arrive an hour early to get set up.
1. The bed and runners must be decorated to any theme they choose.
2. Each team must be made up of 4 adults running/walking and 1 person
3. The passenger must be no younger than school Year 6 and must wear
protective headgear throughout the race.
4. No substitutions will be allowed during the race.
5. Riding on the bed except for the passenger is forbidden.
6. During the race all beds must keep to the left unless overtaking or at
request of race officials.
7. The throwing of objects/liquids is extremely dangerous and is strictly
forbidden. Failure to comply leads to disqualification.
8. No alcohol to be consumed by the team runners until after the race has
ended. Any team found to be under the influence of alcohol will be
9. Bed race is a family event, all members of the team and parade must
conduct themselves appropriately at all times i.e. no swearing, no
inappropriate gestures. The organisers reserve the right to withdraw a
team at any point.
10.Each team must have a named Captain who takes responsibility for
ensuring the safety of the team during the race and the parade.
The 4-Wheel Kart
1. Each team must provide
o A 4 wheel kart
o An audible air horn / hooter
o A helmet for the passenger
2. When decorated, the bed must not exceed 4ft by 6ft.
3. The 4-wheel kart must have no means of mechanical propulsion.
4. All karts will be inspected and judged before the race commences and
the team with the Best Design will win a prize.
5. Each kart must have 4 wheels.
483 total views, 3 views today